Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Morning Ritual...



There is nothing quite like quiet time in the early morning. When first I wake up, I gradually adjust to the light that is pouring in through the windows. I am awake to greet another beautiful day - and with deepest gratitude I offer up a Thank You.

I have noticed after the past few months that I have started an early morning ritual without even being fully conscious of it. Each morning when I awake, I light candles, offer up prayers and close my eyes to center and focus in on my goal for the day. My practice doesn't last for hours on end, it's not the same each and every day. I do not have to bow down and walk one hundred steps forwards and backwards, I just have to be. My morning ritual is always fulfilling, usually familiar and I've grown to love and look forward to it.

So my friend, today I ask you - What is your daily practice?

Have you been making time for yourself and for the silence that greets you each morning?

Have you been asking yourself what do I need to make this day beautiful?

I hope this post finds you taking the time, honoring the moment and breathing your brilliant light out into the infinite awesome universe.

xoxo,
Erica

2 comments:

Erin said...

Love, love, love this idea...reading this honestly makes me want to start getting up earlier, which is a miracle in and of itself, lol. :) Thank you for the continued inspiration, Eri! XOXO

jess said...

I love this idea, too. Like Erin, I should try for the miracle of getting up earlier! LOL. Thanks for your daily inspirations - I so look forward to them!