Thursday, May 28, 2009

Upon Meditation...lately




Lately I have been meditating much more.  I don't know if it is that I am working more closely with technology and need a focus to slow myself down or if I just picked it back up as a way to start my day.  I have developed a new approach to my daily meditation, I choose one of my biggest fears before I start and focus on it while I dive in.  There are so many different theories on the art of meditation, the most absolute being that you should not be focusing on anything while you do it other than your own inner silence.  While I agree with this theory, I also know that many yogis have had luck with allowing their mind to wander in order to ultimately arrive at the destination of inner stillness.  Why not give the traveling mind a direction?  If the destination is an unknown silence then why not dissolve fears as you go there?  Why not allow yourself to get to the skeleton of it all, to unearth the bones and excavate on the way to stillness.  Bliss.

No comments: