Saturday, May 30, 2009

The truth about fear




The inability to move ahead often has fear alive and well, thriving at the root.  Fear is such a tricky emotion.  I have often tried to look at it in many different lights, tried to dissect it and understandthe parts of it that take over our human experience and drive us or slow us down.  Yet early this morning, as I was out walking past running water and the stillness of 6 am in the suburbs, I realized that perhaps understanding fear means sort of just watching it.  Not trying to control the essence or get too intimate with it beyond just observing.  There is an old saying that states when you don't know what to do, do nothing.  I think in many ways that part of trying to grapple with our fears makes them larger and as a result they morph and duplicate.  My meditation for the next few months is going to focus on observing, listening, trusting my own intuition and knowing when to just step back an watch.


No comments: